Monday, October 6, 2008

5 Totally awesome things to do with pumpkins.

We collected our top 5 favorite things to do with a pumpkins and compiled them into this list, only some of them we recommend trying on your own.
5. Underwater Pumpkin carving- One of the funniest thing to do with a pumpkin! The fish just go crazy for any of the pumpkin pieces floating around.

4. Watching Chels throw pumpkins off a small balcony- I don't know why, but it's pretty dang funny.


3.Exploding pumpkins- DEFINITELY DO NOT TRY AT HOME, but sure is fun to watch.
2.Pumpkin Rolls-With out a question this is one of our all time favorite things to do with Pumpkins. This one is only made possible because of my Mom. She makes thee most freaking amazing Pumpkin rolls. Two years ago for Christmas my mom forgot to make'em. She was threatened not to be invited back next year unless she brought a pumpkin roll. 1.Pumpkin Chuckin'- In the early 80's contests were being held to see, Who could Chuck a pumpkin the furthest. Since the very humble beginnings, The Pumpkin Chunkin' contests have reach new skyscrapping levels. With the use of massive air cannons, trebuchets, and huge sling shots, teams can launch a 20 pound pumpkin some serious distance. In fact the world record for distance is just shy of a mile.

4 comments:

Kyle Peterson said...

I must admit. I have never done any of the above.

The O'Briens said...

I remember when you brought my family a pumpkin roll, and it completely changed my life forever. I loved that pumpkin roll. I didn't speak to Abbie for months because she finished it off. I'm still bitter about it.

Vic Hubbard said...

Boy, you DO know how to kill pumpkins!! It's weird, I'm hungry now?!?

Mycket said...

Seeing as how I have BEEN to THE "Punkin Chunkin" - TWICE, I can tell you that it is one of the FREAKING COOLEST THINGS EVER! They have top secret growing patches where they grow these hybrid pumpkins that are hard on the outside (so the shooters don't 'make pie' and get covered with a fine pumpkin mist), but hollow on the inside so that they get 'chunked' futher. Last year, two people in the crowd got decked by reverse flying pumpkins.
It has a carnival-like atmosphere, with a few rides, fried foods (including pumpkin funnel cake! YUM!), and corn dogs. There is only one thing we love more than corn dogs: pumpkin rolls.
Also, it's in the middle of a field in Delaware where people bring five things: a chair, their own port-a-potty, a grill and warm clothes. This spells 'Pops' all over it.
You guys should seriously consider coming for a visit the first weekend of November and we'll go. You'd LOVE it.