Saturday, October 4, 2008

5 Halloween Candies That Aren't Worth the Dentist Trip

5. Circus Peanuts - Chels is totally a texture person so for her these falls under the same bad category with Hostess pink snowballs and those terrible Easter marshmallow peeps. I'm not to sure there is a big difference between circus peanuts and white packing peanuts. For me though, they're just plain wrong in every way.

4. Necco Wafers - First let me apologize to Chellor's dad who apparently loves these things, but we can't understand why. - Necco waffers contributed to the origin of the Candy industry in Untied States, when in 1847 Oliver Chase invented the candy lozenge machine which produced Necco waffers. Later this led other inventions which helped create and produce other candys like M&M's, and Hershy bars. With that being said, it's nothing less then a miracle that these things are still around. They're disgusting.

3. Rootbeer Barrels - we can actually just include the entire awful Brachs candy mix! You know with the blue hard candies and other awful things you immediately want to spit out after tasting... yuck!

2. Red Wax Lips- Try all you want, but these things taste terrible!The Red wax Fangs are ok though.

1. Sour Candy in General - This type of candy is disgusting! We all have the same reaction to it, puckered liped, squinited eyes, and we then think to our selfs "why did I just eat that?". So why do it? Why do we torture our selfs by pretending we like sour candy?

5 comments:

Aaron Smith said...

Sour candies, if used properly, can be a welcome addition to any candy eaters arsenal.

I personally use them to enhance the flavor experience of chocolate-with-stuff candies such as Reeces peanut butter cups, or Caramello bars.

I first drink four ounces of orange juice, swishing it around before swallowing. Then I place the sour candy in my mouth and roll it around to stimulate every possible saliva gland, then spit it out before reaching any lurking sweetness toward the center of the candy. Finally, place the chocolate-with-stuff into your now savory, spit-filled palate and allow it to melt and mingle for maximum enjoyment.

Aimee calls it candy S&M.

Chellor said...

I feel dirty somehow after reading that aaron.

Kyle Peterson said...

I agree with all the above. My dad likes neccos too. I don't know why. All those candies are kee kee.

JessWilson said...

Aw man! Dylan and I love Neccos. Ok Dylan loves anything with sugar so it's not hard to please him when it comes to candy. And I think it's nostalgic for me since it's the candy I always relate to Sacrament meetings as a kid since Dad always carried them around in his suit coat pocket.

But I do agree on the other candies listed.

P.S. Your daily posts of 5 things of Halloween rock! Can't wait to see what you will come up next. Love you guys!

Jake and Sarah said...

I am so glad to see this come to fruition. Halloween as we all know is the bomb-diggity, and I am glad to see someone as intelligent as yourself pay proper respect.