Sunday, August 10, 2008

We've decided to adopt! And I am one proud POPS

With so much going on in our lives right now, who has the time to raise a family?! We had thought about it for a long time, and have pondered over questions like: "Is it right for us to raise a family around our busy lives?", and "How many mouths can we afford to feed on our budget?".


But once we made the decision to adopt, we have have never turned back. Chellor and I are the proud parents of 27 new Venus Flytraps. There used to be a few more mouths but one of our plants fell prey to a couple thirsty puppies searching for water on a hot day.

I know it will seem silly to most, but I really am afraid of their little mouths. I don't know if I'm afraid of the little teeth it looks like they have, or maybe I'm freaked out that one will just grab my figure one day while I'm watering them.

Thanks to a flippin sweet pseudo brother in-law, he let us post a video of one of his carnivorous plants feeding.

Caterpillar
Originally uploaded by eouio

10 comments:

Ash said...

That first picture is SOOO COOL.. Good job and congratulations on your new family.

The O'Briens said...

Give me your email address and I'll send it to you. We would love it if either of those things happened. Oh, sweet plants, by the way.

Vic Hubbard said...

Those are really cool, guys! Considering how much we leave the doors open in the summer, those might be a good way to deal with flies.

Chomp, chomp.

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

Pops, You still make me laugh oh so hard! I freaking miss you and Chels! Did you guys move to another planet because I see and hear about you guys all the time, but you're no where to be seen! It's a mystery that I'll solve one day. Wished I could've seen you guys on the 24th but apparently we aren't as cool as your newly adopted plants. If I grew my teeth out long and scary, would you be friends with me again? Love ya guys!

Aaron Smith said...

actually, yes. given the chance they will bite your finger off ;)

Mycket said...

It somehow seems fitting that you would adopt dangerous flesh eating prodigy

Kjerstin said...

Are any of your fly traps single? Kjerstin and I have two bamboo shoots that have the cutest personalities ever.

ninjalove said...

Rob, they may eat your bamboo shoots!

Kjerstin said...

So no romance in the stars between the bamboo and the fly traps, huh?
Bummer.

Pops said...

It would be a masochistic type of love unfortunately. :T