Thursday, August 21, 2008

Snow Cones Revisited

After weeks of protesting and picketing, I have finally given up my quest to get the "Summer Sno" snow cone shack of Orem shut down. I may have my own personal opinions on their questionable business tactics, but the bottom line is they do make one dang good snow cone. In fact they don't have just one, but they have 30 (plus 3 not the menu) flavors to choose from.

Well during my campaign, I would often over hear the question being asked "What flavor tastes the best?", or people would ask the cashier "What's your favorite?". Well, I was feeling pretty lucky that no one asked me, because I wouldn't know what to tell them. With all of the time I spent there I realized that I have only tried one or two flavors, and I would not able to answer "Which flavor tastes the best?".

So armed with my clip board, and my trusty assistant, Jake Budge (formally know as Jake Shirley, until he got married a week ago and we can only assume he took her last name), we set out to discover what truly is the best snow cone flavor. Jake and I decided that for our research to be unbiased we needed to make this a blind taste testing (meaning we would not be allowed to know the names of the flavors we were tasting.) We would then rank all 33 flavors in to the following four categories which we felt people could relate to:
1.)The Amy Winehouse or the "crap" category, This category would comprise of snow cones that tasted so poorly that they could not be recommended to anyone, under any circumstance, and you would be ashamed to ever admit ordering one from this category. Passion Fruit, and Bubble Gum topped this list.
2.)The Ann Heche or the "Weak-sauce" category were flavors that may taste ok, but you would never order because you know you would never, ever, ever be satisfied with it. In fact if you did, you would probably ask your self later "What the heck was I thinking?". Lemon-lime is a prime example.
3.)The Jennifer Anniston or the "You can never go wrong with" category. These are snow cones that you could recommend to anyone. It would be the "Go to" snow cone if you were ever stuck deciding which favor to choose. You could feel happy and satisfied ordering from this list. Cherry lead this category
4.)The Marissa Miller or the "Zenith of SnowCones." This is the snow cone you compare all other snow cones to. It's the snow cone your friends wish they ordered. The winner of this category also wins the "Golden Spoon Straw" or "Golden Stroon" award (which is the offical way to eat a snow cone.) Right now we have a two way tie between Dreamsicle, and Tiger blood.
While the verdict is still out on which favor is the best flavor, one thing is for sure... they make a great snow cone.
We may have lost the battle with the "Summer Sno" shack, but we will never give up the war on demanding the freshest ingredients in our snow cones. Accept NO substitutes!
We felt it important to thank C-note and Mrs B for their help and patience during our snow cone escapades, brain freezes, and tomfooleries. We love you ladies

6 comments:

Chellor said...

But I liked Lemon-Lime....

The O'Briens said...

Dammit Kendall! Now I'm craving a snow cone.

Aaron Smith said...

Great category choices. I just love brain freeze!

Vic Hubbard said...

Well great! Now I gotta look up Marissa Miller?! I'm with Chels...I'd be satisfied with Anne Heche...er um lemon-lime.
Of course after my search, I may change my mind.

Vic Hubbard said...

Nope, checked out Marissa Miller...not to my taste...I'll stick with the lemon-lime.

Christy said...

You crazy boy. Oh how I love your out-of-controlness. It was so great to see you the other day, sorry about my sour-ace mood. My sweet little angel baby knows just how to get my blood pumping:) You best be keeping in touch, my friend. Or you might make me cry in the middle of forever 21, wetface crying, not just a glistening tear. ;)

loves