Sunday, June 29, 2008

"Super America Dragon, Please"


Few people know of the visceral love, Half Pint (chellor) and I have for amazing sushi. Throughout all of our travels, coast to coast, we've been known to visit a few sushi restaurants. Believe it or not one of the best places we've found and absolutely love just happens to be located in, chemically induced, Happy Valley. In fact, after returning from a recent vacation, we had to rush straight from the airport to our super secretive sushi sanctuary we missed so much. So it was no surprise to me that as soon as Chels flew in Saturday night she was craving raw fish. She might tell you I called her earlier in the week begging to go, but that is simply untrue... kinda.

We meet up with a few of our sushi addicted friends, and Schoney- the Ethiopian. The night was a real blast, and a ton of fun to catch up with some amazing people. Chellor is always able to talk the chief into making her "special" rolls. The chief, who by the way does not speak the best English and shouts "please" after everything he says, seems to understands Chellor's womanly wilds just fine. This time he made her a"Super American Dragon" (not on the menu). It was the biggest roll I had ever seen. Typically I don't mind guys trying to flirt with Chels cause, A: I don't blame them, she's pretty dang hot, and B: I just stare'em down. But this dude has a huge knife! I don't speak an ounce of mandarin but when I tried staring him down, he gave me a look like he was gonna to cut me, and I understood him just fine.

5 comments:

Lacy said...

Chels- I hope things are going well with Millie. I hope she isn't being a pain. I miss you guys. Hope your trip went well. I love the new blog. It has been so fun to read... anyway talk soon

The O'Briens said...

Given this post, I've decided you two will have to come down to Sin city and eat at Sapporo with us (and of course stay the weekend). We freaking love their sushi and it has a fun atmosphere. I'll hassle Robby to post again...his pictures are my favorite. And hey, if you come down, you will be featured in your very own pictorial courtesy of Robby. (I'm volunteering his services for the project.)

Vic Hubbard said...

Wow! Kendall and Chels, I am so excited that you've finally taken your love to the next commitment level. If only they would've had blogs when Sylvia and I got married.
KIDDING!!! I love the little lady. She is now lounging in the pool, looking as hot as ever. I'm headed to the kitchen to start the ribs marinating. Tomorrow we have a little get together to celebrate the 4th. Also, check out my new blog. I'm still learning. I need to get good at HTML. Talk to you soon!! Congratulations, again.

Ash said...

Sushi. Sushi. Sushi. I love sushi.

Kyle Peterson said...

Chellor and pops-
Thanks so much for taking me to sushi ya! It was a real treat and I had to unbuckle my pants from the damage. I'm so glad you know the chef boy are dee so well and he makes the special flying dragon Godzilla monkeys for you!