Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's taken nearly 5 years!



Well, Chellor and I have finally decided to make the plunge and take our relationship to the next level. I know many of you have been hoping for this. Others have been telling us just to do and get it over with cause it's going to happen eventually. We just never wanted to rush in to it, and thought we would take our time. Chellor and I have decided to make the big commitment to finally get our very own blog. We've talked about it for a long time now and we just felt the timing was right.

It's funny how many times I have been asked "Do you have a Blog?", or "Do you Blog?". I was offended at first when people would ask, and I thought "It's none of your business". But when I realized that a "Blog" meant an online journal and it was not something I thought I had remembered from my 8th grade anatomy test, I was a little relieved and plenty embarrassed all at the same time. Even though I still believe "blog" is the ugliest word in the English language, we're stoked to be able to share the stories of our "epic" dates, amazing adventures, and our ultra busy lives with a lot of amazing people we get to call friends. Hope you enjoy the blog as we continue to update it and post more.

5 comments:

Chellor said...

I just want everyone to know that if it were me making that first post I wouldn't have been nearly as mean as Pops was! :) (just a little bit mean) Hope you all enjoy our b.l.o.g. spelled out due to the fact that pops still kinda thinks its a dirty word.

Robby said...

Wow! I was seriously holding my breath. "Are they really!?" "And they're telling us in a b.l.o.g.?" Either way, I am proud of you two and this HUGE step you have taken in your relationship. Steph and I wish you all the best, and we will visit often to see how you peeps are doing. Oh, and I also read the post above this one, and I seriously couldn't stop laughing when I pictured your shimmy turning into a truffle shuffle! Classic. I'll end this novel now. We love you guys!

Kjerstin said...

So tricky...yet brilliant. I really took the bait on that. Well played.

Rob

Mycket said...

Did you know 'Blog' is short for 'Web log'? If I were you, I would be grateful that you use 'blog' and not 'web log'. It's far less 'Trekkie.'

Welcome. We're glad to have you. And I swear not to tell anyone else in the fam!

Chellor said...

Janna already knows Carren...